It’s Gifted Awareness Week and we are raising awareness with three new episodes this week!
In this episode we’re talking to parents, from one parent to another, about the 5 Things I Wish I Knew When my Child was Diagnosed as Gifted.
Enjoyed the podcast? then subscribe or get your show notes, free eBook or course at ourgiftedkids.com
“So, the psychologist has just told you your child is gifted. Breathe, take a few deep breaths…
You know that it’s actually because your child’s brain is wired differently. And that encompasses not just a high IQ, but also these intense emotions and physical sensitivities that need to be taken into account as you parent, and as your child goes through school.
You know that it’s okay to grieve and feel any of those big emotions that you have and that you need to find your people.
That’s the beginning.” – Sophia Elliott
- Gifted Research & Outreach
- #044 [Neurodiversity Week] Unpacking Neurodiversity Podcast
- #027 Gifted is more than High IQ, Lets talk about the Brain! Podcast
- #002 What is gifted? Podcast with Dr Lynda McInnes
- #028 Why is Self-Concept so crucial for gifted 2E students in the early years? Podcast with Dr Geraldine Townsend
- James & Susie Youtube Video
- #033 [GTN Awareness Week] #ActuallyGifted Adult with Heather Cox Podcast
- Is parenting gifted kids harder, or just hard? Blog
Hit play and let’s get started!