It’s Gifted Awareness Week and we are raising awareness with three new episodes this week!
This is Part 2 of our conversation with Nana & Pop about what it is like to grandparent gifted kids. We talk about coming to terms with what giftedness is all about, having gifted grandkids and parenting across the generations.
Enjoyed the podcast? then subscribe so you don’t miss out on more!
Please leave a review on your podcast player and help parents find us!
Nana- “I think if you let go of control on so many levels, actually, when you think about it. Yeah.”
Pop – “Yeah. It’s like I said, you just got to make sure that they’re safe.
“It’s been a journey for all of us as parents, grandparents, and I think we’ve always done a pretty good job of remaining curious, trying to keep judgment out of the conversation, trying to understand each other.” – Sophia Elliott
Some great resources for learning more about giftedness…
- #055 [Gifted Awareness Week] Grandparenting Gifted Kids w/ Nana & Pop, Part 1 Podcast
- #051 How Our Brains Impact Behaviour w/ Allison Davies Podcast
- #027 Gifted is more than High IQ, Lets talk about the Brain! Podcast
- #002 What is gifted? Podcast with Dr Lynda McInnes
- #028 Why is Self-Concept so crucial for gifted 2E students in the early years? Podcast with Dr Geraldine Townsend
- James & Susie Youtube Video
- Is parenting gifted kids harder, or just hard? Blog
Hit play and let’s get started!