Talking parenting and Megan’s (Twice) Exceptional Life
Today I’m speaking with Megan about parenting twice-exceptional children and the very important community we need around us as parents.
In the episode you’ll hear:
- Megan’s journey of uncovering her son’s giftedness and twice exceptionality
- The challenges of parenting 2e children – those intense melt downs
- How praise and perfectionism are big challenges
- How intense anxiety is a daily struggle
- Why we all need a community to support us
Hit play and let’s get started!
- “I remember thinking something isn’t quite right here. As he grew up, he continued to have massive meltdowns, big, big multiple hour-long meltdowns over tiny things.” -Megan
- “If it’s not me that is going to support my child 100% and understand them as well as I can then who else is going to?” -Megan
- “Who is my child? Meet him where he is, this is what he is capable of right now.” – Megan
- “In the past year where I have had this new awakening to him and his needs, my relationship has flourished, he trusts me. Our relationship has this new understanding.” – Megan
- “We have had a great year and I think that’s due to my patience with him and my demeanor. I want to understand him and connect with him.” – Megan
- “Giftedness is not easy and there is a real myth that gifted kids are just a breeze. They are amazing but it’s also really challenging as a parent.” -Sophia
- “Finding other people was a game-changer for me.” – Megan
Subscribe & Review
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about your biggest takeaway in the comments.
For more episodes, you can subscribe and to help others find our podcast please leave a review.
You can find show notes and more resources at www.ourgiftedkids.com
See you in the same place next week.