Parenting gifted kids is hard and lonely but it doesn’t have to be.
These 3 Steps will get you going.
learn about giftedness
join the community
find your parenting mojo
Step 1 – Learn About Giftedness
Giftedness is not what most people think and it is important to understand it as being neuro-diverse, not just a person with a High IQ.
You can start by:
- listening to our most popular ‘#002 What is gifted?’ and ‘#014 Understanding 2E’ podcasts.
- read our blogs and parent stories to see what resonates with you, and
- check out our FREE Parent effectively by learning about the gifted brain course online.
Listen to the podcast
Start with these two episodes:
#002 What is gifted? Who would know better than Lynda McInnes, Principal of Australia’s only school for gifted kids?
#014 Understanding 2E /Twice Exceptional Amanda Drury, the founder of Gifted 2E Support Australia, talks to us about the complexities of being gifted and having learning/physical disabilities.
Learn from other parents
It’s hard to say out loud, ‘I have a gifted kid’. But you’re not alone.
Read our blogs and stories to see what resonates with you.
Do the free course
By understanding the gifted brain you can parent more effectively. Don’t make the mistake of parenting with only one part of the picture. Gifted is more than just high IQ.
Part 1 is FREE, sign up here and we’ll email it to you.
Step 3 – Find Your Parenting Mojo
Whether you realise it or not, you’re now on a new journey. That journey is different for everyone but there are some key milestones along the way. That is why we created the Our Gifted Kids Hub. The Hub is a monthly membership subscription that:
- takes you through the 5 Steps on a Journey to a New Normal,
- Step 1. Understanding Gifted
- Step 2. Education is Power
- Step 3. Finding Their Happy Place
- Step 4. A New Family Blueprint
- Step 5. Looking to the Future
- Provides resources to help you parent your gifted child, and
- Provides a wonderful community of parents and support.
The membership opens at limited times throughout the year. To get on the waitlist sign up for our newsletter.